search

9.26.2011

doily garland.

Feelin' crafty? This garland  is so super easy. I kinda feel silly posting instructions for it ;) 
Credit for this craft goes to Meg.


What you'll need:

watercolors >> doilies >> string >> scissors >> paint brush >> jar of water 




I got my string for 95 cents and my string for 45 cents at a thrift store, so that's a good place to check ;)


First get out your water colors and paint your doilies...


Then, set them out to dry...




After completely dried, pull string through the holes on the doilies, weaving through the bottom and up through the top on each one, so it's nice and sturdy.

please excuse my blue fingers, i'm a messy painter 



Take your scissors and trim your string...


Hang where you like...




Happy Monday!

-haley

p.s. thank you all for your questions! Q&A page coming soon! What do you think of the new tutorials page?

4 comments:

  1. Love the tutorial! Such a cute idea!
    Blessings,
    Bethany
    P.S. Check out my new giveaway blog, there are two current giveaways you might want to enter! :D www.giveawaysofblessing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I'm going to have to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the idea so pretty :) good job :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is a really old post,but i've just stumbled across it.
    this is such a cute idea!
    definatley trying it out :)

    ReplyDelete