search

5.11.2012

springtime on the farm.

raspberries are good. really good.

There's four fluffy kittens underneath the floorboards in the hay shed. They're getting curious and have figured out how to get out from their hole. The mulberries on the tree in the front yard are sour right now, but they'll soon be ripe and juicy, staining faces and the bottom of feet with their sweet, purple nectar. There's a strawberry bed in the garden, full of verdant flourishing plants. There's colorful butterflies flitting and hovering over the grass. There's zinnia sprouts in the flower bed. The brome fields are bright green. There's little speckled eggs and two tiny squirmy baby birds in the birdhouse. There's pink and white little wild flowers scattered along the side of the road.

I love springtime on the farm.

And now there's a calf in the east pin. Her name is Dolly -- Dolly Bright. She's a little blonde calf that Addy and I take care of now. We named her Dolly after Anne of Green Gables' cow. It was fitting. Do you know what Anne's cow does? She gets out of her pin -- then they have to chase her. Which is exactly what we did. Oh, the adventures we have. Ha! Dolly ran down our road with strength and speed we didn't know such a skinny, orphaned cow could have. Thankfully, though, Addy flagged down a man who was driving down the road, he happened to be a cowboy. This morning he found Dolly and brought her back.

...

Also, do you like the new design? This one is specifically special because this is my first attempt at conquering minima.

Happy Friday!

7 comments:

  1. I adore your new design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! And yay for Minima :) Your designs just keep getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looooovee your new design! and these pictures are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your new design!! and your photos are gorgeous :)
    -kinga

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dolly is adorable. :) I love the raspberries! They're my fav. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new design! I think it's my fav. :) Oh and that calf is adorable! it's so fun to have calves around the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness!! Your photos are gorgeous! <3 And I see where everyone is saying how much they like your new design...well I am your newest follower, so idk what your old design even looked like! haha :) But I love the design you have now <3 I'm glad to be a new follower!!! Care to check out my blog, and follow me back pretty please? <3

    ~lindsey~
    sprinklesofmylife1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete