*Ok, I'm 20% sure I posted a picture of this at sometime. But, if I did post it, then I'm another 20% sure that I didn't post the recipe.*
You have to try this. You. have. to. It's so good. Even if you don't like oatmeal, I think you'll like it. It takes like a cookie. It's Amish Baked Oatmeal. Pros: It has to set in the fridge overnight so it's ready to pop in the oven in the morning. Cons: When you want to eat it a.s.a.p. you have to wait until morning. Good nonetheless.
// Amish Baked Oatmeal //
1/3 c. butter
2 large eggs
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. nutmeg or 1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
3 c. oatmeal (regular or quick)
1. Melt butter.
2. Grease 1 1/2 quart baking dish & drop in eggs, & beat well.
3. Add brown sugar, baking powder, vanilla, nutmeg or cinnamon, & salt. Mix well, no lumps.
4. Whisk in butter & both measures of milk.
5. Stir well, & refrigerate overnight.
6. Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 35-45 min, or until set in the middle.
Serve hot with warm milk poured over.
Or...Haley's way...which is no milk - lotsa butter.
It's good. Trust me. Happy weekend!