My family went apple-picking one Sunday afternoon when the weather was fall-like and we wanted some adventure. We got a basket-full of apples, fed catfish at the pond, and sipped cider slushes afterwards.
Here's some pictures from our afternoon....
My good friend Bethany is doing a fall blog party over at her blog Giveaways of Blessing. This is the tag from the first day. So, here's my answers to the FALLing into Fall Tag. Ya'll be sure to check out her blog!
1) What's your favorite season? (Don't be afraid to answer any season other than fall, if it's truly your favorite season!)
For me, it's a tie between autumn and spring. This year, though, I think I'm leaning more towards fall.
2) What's your favorite part of autumn?
Oh! I like a lot about fall! The nice weather, the pumpkin-everything, the family traditions, watching for the leaves to turn colors (and the excitetment when they do), I could go on and on. :)
3) What's your favorite memory of autumns past?
Probably the memories I have of going to the pumpkin patch with family. We would get lost in the corn maze with our cousins and hunt for the perfect pumpkin. (Actually, this is stiill one of my favorite things about fall.)
4) What's some of your favorite autumn foods?
Chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, pumkin spice lattes...pretty much anything and everything pumpkin. My new favorite is a cider slush! Oh, it's delicious. Also, the meal at Thanksgiving (i.e. green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, etc.).
5) What's some of your favorite things to do in the autumn days?
Well, when I'm not doing school, I like to curl up with a good book. When the weather is enticing I love to do that outside while drinking some hot cocoa.
6) What's your favorite autumn wardrobe additions? (Scarfs, gloves, socks, jackets, leggings, etc.)
Hands-down sweaters and scarves. I love adding a scarf to an outfit and sweaters are pretty much my favorite.
7) Does your family have any autumn traditions? (Pumpkin patch picking, Thanksgiving, Halloween, etc.)
The pumpkin patch, which I've already metioned, as well as Thanksgiving dinner (with all the family) at our house, and the party at church (instead of Halloween).
8) Hot cocoa or apple cider? Do you like to add anything to it such as marshmallows or ice cream?
Hot cocoa!! Right now, I enjoy it plain (as I'm dairy-free at the moment).
9) Pecan pie or pumpkin pie? Why?
Pumpkin pie, absolutley. Because I really haven't liked nuts at all until this year and there's somthing so deliciously creamy and crunchy about a pumpkin pie warm out of the oven with golden-brown crust.
10) Which is your favorite month, September, October or November? Why?
I'd have to say October or November. Because October is the first month that is exclusively autumn, but November includes Thanksgiving and the excitment for Christmas starts to mount.