search

10.28.2013

avonlea inspired || #avonleaFW

If you've been hanging around my blog for some amount of time, you've probably heard it rumored that I really like Anne of Green Gables -- the books and the movies! The movies...well, I can't count how many times I've watched them. The books I loved (!!!) and am working on reading through them again. So when Ashley from Bramblewood Fashion announced that she was hosting an Avonlea Fashion Weekend...how could I pass that up? :)

I'm linking up to Modern Avonlea Fashion. Since I have not had a chance to watch the Road to Avonlea series (except the first episode), my outfit was Anne-inspired....


shirt: Old Navy // cardigan: Target // skirt: hand-me-down dress, altered (see here) // tights: Target // 
boots: JCPenny // necklace: thrifted // earrings: Target


I've always liked Anne's outfits in the movies. The pieces from this outfit that were directly chosen with Avonlea in mind were my lace/eyelet skirt, the string of pearls, and the boots. :)


Be sure to check out the rest of the Avonlea Fashion Weekend!


“Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds.” 
-L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love Anne of Green Gables! The movies are my favorite and I have only read a couple of the books and loved the first two! :)

    Anne's style is so pretty. You really created the modern Anne style so well!! Prettiness. :)

    Blessings!

    -Madi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a neat idea! Your outfit is solo beautiful!! Definitely has the theme/look. :) God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute- very classy look <3 Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are gorgeous haley! love this... the lace, and everything. :) (plus anne and gil are a few of my favorites.) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the last picture! So pretty! :)
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete