search

6.11.2011

life on the farm.


I like living on a farm. It's peaceful. And quiet most days. There's lots to photograph. I wouldn't mind living in the city. I have lived in town before. I'd probably even enjoy having a Walmart closer than 30-45 minutes away - for awhile. 





Thursday night, Dad asked me if I wanted to help him dig up the potatoes from one of our gardens. Sure. And then I had this wild hair that I would make mashed potatoes out of them for dinner.





So for dinner we had mashed potatoes...




...and grilled chicken. But not this chicken. Gotcha! No, trust me, I refuse to eat a chicken I've named. (Above, Pistachio.)




We have lots of garden to weed. (That's my Dad, by the way.)




This is broccoli.




Not sure what this is.




This is a fence post.




More of something I'm not sure what is.




Another potato.




And some more potatoes.




I was *de-light-ed* to find these flowers. If they're weeds, don't tell me.




But, surely not. They're too pretty to be weeds.




How 'bout you? City? Or country?


Happy Saturday!


-haley

1 comment:

  1. beautiful pictures Haley! I'm more country girl since I grew up in the country :D

    ReplyDelete