search

9.27.2012

awkward and awesome thursday, v. iv

denim top: thrifted, shirt: gap, jeans: aeropostale, rubber boots: walmart, necklace: gift, etsy

AWKWARD

-Mom returning some things in the check out line, and me standing behind her with the things we're going to purchase. The employees ask me if I would like to move to a different register to check out...twice. "No, I'm with her. But, thank you."

-Going to check for eggs in the coop another time, and when I walk in the door, our dog comes through the chicken door. Ohhhh, so, that's where the eggs have been going....

-And speaking of chickens, when the chickens are already on the roost and you need to check the nests for eggs. Scary.

-Tripping backward over the legs of a coat rack.

-Saying to Mom, "Some brownies sound really good right now." She tells me where I can find a brownie mix -- under the passenger seat in the car.

-Taking a walk, getting halfway down the road -- and realizing your cat followed you. The same one who plays frisbee.

-Accidentally changing my blogger dashboard to Bulgarian.


AWESOME

-Playing Draw Something with Dad until eleven o'clock at night.

-The waiter at a resturant leaving the chives off my soup, because I ordered my salad without onions. Good thinkin'.

-A salted carmel cake pop. Super duper good.

-Covering notebooks in pictures, pretty tape, handkerchiefs, denim and gingham fabric.

-Finally, finally getting my room cleaned up and put back together and tweaking it just a bit for fall.

-My grandpa teaching me how to make a new smiley face on his phone. :~)

-Getting letters in the mail from pen-pals. Always awesome.

What are some awkward and awesome things from your week from your week?

16 comments:

  1. I like this post. :) and that outfit is adorable, especially that top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are incredibly gorgeous. Really.
    Haha, I changed by dashboard to Arabic once and it took me like ten minutes to translate it all (google translate) to turn it back. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! You have such a cute outfit! :) Love those boots!
    My awkward moment would be not blogging for like a month. *shrinks into chair*
    haha-you turned your language into Bulgarian. I think I did that once with swedish, but it was, like, really weird. Anyway, your awkward moments made me laugh! Have a good day! :)
    -Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the top. I’ve been meaning to get a denim top…There’s too many awkward moments for me to list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your outfit, and that waiter sounds brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah, you are so pretty. Darling outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so.so.so pretty! And your awkward moments made me laugh out loud:)
    My awkward moments? Psh...I mean...I never have any...never. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haley, you are so beautiful :) Just thought I'd let you know :)
    My awkward moment today was talking with my friends after class about theological issues she was teaching that we disagreed with her about and her walking right by us :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're beautiful.

    http://vanillastudies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're so pretty! love the denim top.. and your hair? cuute! pen pals are quite awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice awkward/awesome post Haley! Something awesome that happened this week was I discovered I could go to We Day, and today I did and it was amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh, you're so gorgeous.
    we should be pen-pals. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brownie mix under the car seats? I think I'd like your car.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awkward-my blog design. I need some serious help! D: I need a new template for fall. Or a new design entirely. HELP.

    Awesome-October itself. LOVELOVELOVELOVE every bit of it :)

    xoxo,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, Haley! It's nice to meet you! I love your outfit and is that a sock bun? I love sock buns. :) I also like coffee, iced coffee even better. I can't think of any awkward things that have happened this week......or at least yet. But some an awesome thing is that i got two new followers on my blog! It's really cool that you have some pen pals! :) P.S. New Follower! ;)
    ~ Brooklyn beebrookenized.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brooklyn! It's nice to meet you too! That's not a sock bun, but those are cool. I think this day it was just a bun using hair ties and bobby pins. :) And thank you!

      Delete