search

2.15.2013

a new chapter | haley jane

"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it."

-C.S. Lewis


"I read once in a book that a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, but I've never been able to believe it. I don't believe a rose would smell as sweet if it was called a thistle or a skunk cabbage."

-L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


Here it is. Haley Jane is up and running and I am so excited to share it with you all. It was time for some "sprucing up" around here. And not just a new design. A new look, a new feel, and a new name. I think blog names are important. My own name seemed to be the obvious choice, because, well, it will always be relevant to this blog. Because there is no exact theme to it. It is a little sad to be saying good-bye to Chapter Thirteen., but I am oh-so-excited for this change. 

I hope to "break the mold" as far as posts go, though it will be gradual. I'm looking forward to incorporating some new things (don't worry -- there will still be the same ol' things here, as well). I'm hoping to explore some more sorts of things I can put on here, and really just be better at documenting, being open and realistic.

I'm looking forward to this new chapter.

17 comments:

  1. Dear Haley,

    I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter in your life; I'm sure it'll be wonderful. I love the new blog design: simple, clean: things my eyes look for when reading a blog.

    I also love the C.S. Lewis quote. I believe in that truth wholeheartedly and to be honest, C.S. Lewis is the bomb-diggity (haha, I don't think I've ever called C.S. Lewis the bomb-diggity before ;)).

    Your pictures are so fresh and beautiful (as per usual). I love the first one.

    I hope you are doing well.

    Oh yeah, and I think you asked for classics recommendations a couple posts ago. I can't help myself. ;) I think someone mentioned it earlier, but The Scarlet Pimpernel is a great adventure, romance, epic-ness classic (one of my favorite classic that's easy to read).

    Jane Eyre is beautiful; I will forever recommend it. Also The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (by Anne Bronte) is another good Bronte novel. Anything by Jane Austen (especially, in my mind, Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion. Persuasion starts off a bit dull, but the end is worth it).

    My mind is crammed with more classics, but I know how it feels when you become overwhelmed with books to read. ;)

    Sincerely,
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really enjoyed your chapter thirteen journey and look forward to sharing a new chapter .... I am impressed, great start and lovely design :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haley,

    this is beyond words- what you shared is incredibly beautiful.

    xo, acacia

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the new design. i can't wait to see what's in store for Haley Jane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved Chapter Thirteen, but I am looking forward to the new things you have in store for Haley Jane. You have a beautiful name BTW:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the new design looks so professional! Excellent job :D
    Fabulous photos too! I love the paint one :)

    -Charlotte
    boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those quotes! :) C.S. Lewis is amazing and so is L.M. Montgomery. It's so nice to have a refreshing start every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the design and the pictures are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the design, and everything about this. wonderful post x
    -Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  10. the design is gorgeous! your pictures are lovely too!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love It :) And your design is so simple :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always amaze me! Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete