I really like journals. And journaling. Whether it's writings, entries from day-to-day, quotes, etc., I've pretty much accumulated a journal for every category. So, today I thought I'd give a little tour through the journals I currently keep.
1. See that one that's bigger than all the others? That's called a Smash Book, and I highly recommend you get one. It was a birthday present from my grandparents this year and it's been a lot of fun to fill. I've put magazine pictures and articles, little bits of this and that, a few pictures, doilies, etc, etc. in it. Sometimes a whole page is filled up in a day, other times it takes a couple days.
2. Now for the little black book. I got it at Staples. It's my "everyday" kind of journal. Events from the day, things that are going on, are all recorded inside. I don't always write an entry everyday, but try to keep it pretty up-to-date. I've had it since October (when my other one like it, except in brown, was used up) and it's about one fourth of the way full.
3. This is a journal that I got from my pen-pal in the birthday package she sent me. I use it as my prayer journal for following along with the KBR Ministries plan that is included in their 2013 calendar. Within every entry, there are four categories: Worship/Praise, Confession, Requests, and Thanksgiving.
4. This journal is kind of hard to describe. I've put a lot of things in it from quotes, writings, poems, and more. This is a journal that I recovered with black paper and instagram pictures, then covered the spine and edges of the cover in pretty tape. (I used this tutorial for inspiration.) This journal is very worn from use.
5. This is my most recent one. I found a notebook lying around, tore out the few pages that were written on, and painted the whole cover in gold metallic paint. When it dried, I put some pretty tape on the spine and painted black lettering on the front cover. I keep quotes I like inside. This idea actually came from not wanting my whole Smash Book to be filled with quotes, but still wanting to write them down and keep them somewhere handy.
What kind(s) of journals do you keep? Happy Wednesday! xo.